Understand Fundamental Legal, Procedural, and Tax Aspects of Probate
This essential guide to the probate process offers a solid foundation for all aspects of administering a decedent’s estate. Experienced faculty will walk you through the probate steps from start to finish, highlighting areas for special attention. Fine-tune your processes and speed up the probate process – register today!
- Distinguish between different forms of administration and accurately determine which one to use.
- Find out what the executor must accomplish in the first 48 hours.
- Get effective methods for marshalling assets and managing the estate.
- Discover helpful tips for valuing and transferring digital assets in probate.
- Review all the tax forms, deadlines, and reporting requirements involved in probate.
- Understand the rules and procedures involved in closing an estate.
- Successfully resolve will contests and other estate disputes.
- Distinguish between ethical and unethical practices.
Who Should Attend
This basic level seminar is designed for professionals who want to be more effective in handling the probate process, including:
- CPAs and Accountants
- Financial Planners and Wealth Managers
- Tax Professionals
- Trust Officers
- Probate Timeline and Forms of Administration
- First Steps, Initial Petition, and Opening the Estate
- Inventory, Asset Management, and Creditor Claims
- Digital Assets in Probate
- Tax Returns and Issues
- Final Accounting, Sale of Property, Distributions, and Estate Closing
- Disputes, Adversary Proceedings, and Probate Litigation
- Ethics in Probate Practice